Dear Madams and Sirs –
Please. . .
- Stop putting spoilers in your trailers.
- Stop telling us the entire story of the movie in the trailer.
- Stop releasing three or four trailers when two (at most) will do.
- Review the recent “Star Wars” marketing campaign and take detailed notes.
- Re-watch the 2nd “Batman v. Superman” trailer and the 2nd “Terminator: Genisys” trailer and brand them onto your sizzling brain in whatever cortex governs what not to do. (Also refer back to Item #4, which absolutely applies to well-known franchises like these).
- Review the “Deadpool” marketing campaign and try to get creative.
- Aim for 90 seconds of trailer.
- Don’t cut two different versions of your trailer and release them at the same time in different markets when one of them is significantly better than the other.
- If marketing for Marvel/Disney, please have items #1-3 tattooed somewhere on your body (at a location of your choosing).
Somebody helping out of the kindness of his heart but who will also gladly accept payment for said help.